MortarNet™ with Insect Barrier™ | The Original Mortar Dropping Collection Device
- After the first one or two courses of bricks are laid, place a continuous row of MortarNet™ with Insect Barrier™ in cavity or collar joint on flashing (trapezoidal side up) against inside of outer wythe at base of wall with Insect Barrier™ fabric facing exterior of building (see diagram in PDF).
- Install MortarNet directly on flashing at base of wall, over all wall openings, shelf angles, sills and lintels.
- Install MortarNet at every floor level. For wall cavities that exceed 11′ in height, place an additional continuous trapezoidal strip on wall reinforcing anchors/ties at every 9′ to 11′ of wall height.
- Flashing should extend at least 6″ above the top of MortarNet, as should any other materials used to fill space between MortarNet and inside cavity surface.
- If 1″, 1 ½” or 2″-thick MortarNet is used, no more than 1/4″ should be left between MortarNet and cavity’s inside surface. 0.4″-thick MortarNet should touch both cavity surfaces, or can be used as additional filler with other widths of MortarNet with the trapezoidal sides up and the trapezoids aligned with each other. MortarNet is compressible to allow for variations in wall cavity widths.