MortarFlash™ | 40-Mil Rubberized Asphalt
MortarFlash™ 40-Mil Rubberized Asphalt is a prefabricated self-adhering sheet-type waterproofing membrane composed of a high-tensile polyester film that is coated with a layer of specially formulated rubberized asphalt adhesive. MortarFlash adheres aggressively to most clean, dry substrates including metal, wood, vinyl and masonry.
- Easy-to-remove release sheet protects the adhesive until installation
- Self seals around fasteners and puntures
- Primer is recommended along with the use of a termination bar and a bead of sealant under the leading edge of the flashing
- 3” side laps and 6” end laps recommended
- Apply uniform pressure with hand roller over entire surface
- When the use of prefabricated accessories is not feasible, MortarFlash™ Non-Asphaltic can be used to create inside and outside corners.
- Do not install over solvent based sealants unless fully cured.
- Do not install over PVC and silicone roofing materials
- Do not install over flexible vinyl gaskets