Cav-Air-Ator® | Drainage Mat for Brick and Natural Stone Walls
Cav-Air-Ator® is a full wall drainage and ventilation mat for full brick or stone masonry walls. It prevents mortar from entering the cavity, clinging to wall ties, or blocking weep holes. The innovative design of Cav-Air-Ator allows it to be extremely light and flexible so that it can easily rest on top of the brick ties.
Masonry structures are built to last for up to 100 years. However, excess moisture can affect the durability and longevity of the structure. A masonry wall needs an air space free of mortar and other debris to properly drain and ventilate. If moisture builds up and the wall is unable to dry, problems such as cracking, deterioration, and efflorescence may occur. Cav-Air-Ator protects against moisture issues in masonry applications by providing an unobstructed air space for drainage and ventilation.
Features and Benefits
- Lightweight pieces 16” and 24” size, designed to sit on top of masonry ties and install as the mason builds
- Filter cloth laminated to the front prevents all mortar from entering the cavity
- Creates a 96.5% void space in a masonry veneer cavity
- Unobstructed ventilation from top of wall to bottom weeps
- Springy design adjusts to varying cavity width
- Filter cloth and springy design also allow mason to maneuver brick properly without skin abrasion