BTL-1™ | Butyl Sealant
BTL-1 is a synthetic rubber sealant that is ideal for most construction applications. It produces high-performance joints with both high strength and elasticity. BTL-1 bonds aggressively to steel, aluminum, ceramics, wood, Kynar® -coated metal, glass, fiberglass and many plastics.
- Single component, moisture cure
- 10.3 oz. tubes
- Silicone and isocyanate free
- Permanently elastic and tacky
- Freeze and thaw stable
- Black base color
- Low VOC – less than 20g/L (EPA Method 24)
- No mixing necessary, use right out of the tube
- No primer required
- Odor free
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Extremely low shrinkage
- Excellent weathering characteristics
Specially formulated to be used as part of the TotalFlash® Cavity Wall Drainage Solution or may be used on any project where a butyl sealant is appropriate. Provides excellent adhesion and sealing between aluminum, steel, wood, vinyl, mortar, stone and plastics, including TPO.