Cav-Air-Ator® | Drainage Mat for Brick and Natural Stone Walls
Installation for Brick:
- Install first course of brick. Remove any mortar or debris from the cavity.
- Place the drainage mat in the cavity with the filter fabric facing out.
- The product does not require any fasteners. It will rest on the brick ties and be friction fit in the cavity.
- Install subsequent courses of brick, reaching the next brick tie.
- Repeat this process continuously throughout the full-height of the masonry cavity wall.
NOTE: At the bottom of the wall and above all through wall flashings, use multiple layers if there is open airspace between the drainage mat and the brick veneer.