Economical protection for masonry cavity walls.
WeepVent™ for masonry cavity walls help ensure that moisture can migrate out and air can circulate into the cavity, and that insects can’t enter the cavity through the weep vents. The product’s compressibility allows it to completely fill the weep holes, and “prickly adhesion” holds the vents in place without fasteners or adhesives.
- 90% open-weave polyester mesh
- Will not rot, oxidize, support mold or fungus, or react with common building materials, and is treated with a flame-retardant (see Test Data)
- Available in Brown, Red, Tan, Almond, Gray, White
- Custom sizes and cuts available on request
Benefits (when properly installed):
- Helps prevent the conditions that foster mold growth, spalling from freeze/thaw cycles, efflorescence and wet basements by:
- Allowing moisture to migrate out of the cavity so moisture can’t build up
- Allowing air to circulate into the cavity so the cavity can dry quickly
- Eliminating pressure differentials, so moisture is not forced into the cavity and the cavity can dry properly
- Preventing insects and debris from entering the cavity and blocking the weep holes
- 6 different color choices match common mortar colors, eliminate the appearance of dark weep holes and provide a finished look to any building design
- Very lightweight and easy to handle
- Slightly compressible for a snug, permanent fit without adhesives or fasteners
- Fast and easy to install in both new construction and restoration projects
- Can be used at the top of the wall to improve air circulation in the cavity
- Extremely durable for optimal long-term performance
- 100% compatible with standard weep hole designs
- Very cost-effective
- Clear instructions, extensive product support, and high quality materials help assure installations to specs
- Helps prevent call-backs and repairs due to damage caused by moisture in the cavity
- Helps protect builders and designers from legal issues resulting from moisture damage and mold-related health problems
WeepVent™ is most effective when installed in combination with MortarNet, HouseNet, or WallNet. Click on each name to learn more.
Click here to view the Product Overview in pdf form.