Brings the industry-leading moisture protection of MortarNet with Insect Barrier to residential construction
HouseNet® prevents moisture damage to stone, brick and other masonry veneered cavity walls by preventing mortar droppings from blocking the weep holes. It also provides hundreds of clear pathways that allow moisture to flow to the weeps while providing ventilation to equalize air pressure and dry the cavity. The patented Insect Barrier prevents wall damage and health hazards from insect infestations by keeping insects from entering the cavity through the weep holes.
- Smaller size and lower price than commercial MortarNet make it ideal for quality home construction
- Trapezoidal shape breaks up and suspends mortar droppings above the flashing so weeps stay open
- 90% open mesh provides multiple pathways for water to flow to the weeps
- Will not rot, oxidize, support mold or fungus, or react with common building materials
- Prevents the conditions that foster mold growth, spalling from freeze/thaw cycles, efflorescence and wet basements, including:
- Mortar damming, so moisture can move quickly and easily to the weeps and out of the cavity
- Blocked weep vents from mortar droppings, so air circulation is unrestricted and walls dry quickly
- Air pressure differentials, so moisture is not forced into the cavity
- Prevents insects from entering the cavity through the weep holes
- Lightweight and easy to handle, even on scaffolding or in windy conditions
- Fast, easy installation
- Will last the life of the building
- 100% compatible with standard weep hole and weep vent designs
- Clear instructions, extensive product support, and high quality materials help assure installation to specs
- Prevents call-backs and repairs due to damage caused by moisture in the cavity
- Helps protect builders and designers from legal issues resulting from moisture damage and mold-related health problems
Weep holes must be used with HouseNet to allow effective moisture drainage and wall drying. Click on WeepVent or CellVent by Mortar Net to see how they can keep weep holes open and prevent insects from entering the cavity through the weeps.
Click here to view the Product Overview in pdf form.