The BlockNet® solution by Mortar Net Solutions® reliably protects single wythe concrete block walls from water infiltration damage by enabling moisture to easily migrate from the interior of the block cells to the building exterior.
How it works:
Water in the block cells flows down the inside of the face of the cells through the BlockNet vertical mesh component and onto the horizontal stainless steel drainage section, which channels water out of the wall through the integrated horizontal mesh element and drainage tabs.
According to Robert Nelson of Robert L. Nelson & Associates, a nationally recognized masonry materials testing laboratory located in Schaumburg, Illinois "I have tested hundreds of walls over the years and moisture, even wind driven rain, will consistently run down the inside of the exterior face shell of the block. Moisture rarely penetrates beyond an inch inside the core."
For single wythe concrete masonry unit (CMU) walls, installing a flashing system that provides a pathway for water to run down the inside of the exterior-facing block shell and channels it to the exterior is the first step in preventing damage associated with water infiltration.
- Complete flashing solution requires no additional components except sealant.
- Vertical mesh components prevent mortar droppings from blocking pathways to the exterior of the building.
- Vertical mesh components and weep tabs provide open pathways for water to migrate to the exterior of the building.
- A rear dam on the stainless steel drainage strips channels water to the weep tabs and out of the building.
- Forms a continuous drainage system around the entire perimeter of a concrete block building.
- Installs quickly and easily with minimal training.
- May be used with 6” block and larger.
- May be used over wall openings, bond beams and structural steel members if ends are properly dammed.
- Helps prevent moisture damage such as efflorescence, staining and freeze/thaw damage caused by moisture in the block cores.
- Helps protect builders and designers from legal issues resulting from moisture damage.
- Helps prevent costly call-backs and repairs.
- Lightweight and easy to handle, even on high scaffolding.
- Requires minimal labor time and expense to install.
- Shows a continuous stainless steel drip edge for a clean, unobtrusive appearance.
- Does not interfere with properly placed re-bar in reinforced block walls, and can easily be cut with tin snips to fit around improperly placed rebar.
- Can be installed in a fully grouted building without affecting the reinforcing.
- Prickly adhesion between the mesh and the block holds the vertical mesh elements in place, eliminating the need for adhesives or fasteners and preventing the mesh from collapsing under the weight of mortar droppings.
- 90% open weave mesh components allow easy water flow.
- Mesh components are 40% recycled polyester and stainless steel components are 100% recyclable to help with LEED certification.
- Integrated weep tabs prevent insects from entering the wall through weep holes, which are not necessary with BlockNet.
- Removable weep tab ends prevent tabs from clogging when joints are struck, keep tabs flush with the wall and create a smooth appearance.
- BlockNet components will not degrade, rot, promote mold or fungus growth, or react with common building materials, and will last for the life of the building.
- Ideal for repair and restoration projects as well as new construction.
Click here to download the Product Overview in pdf form.