The perfect solution for walls designed without a visible drip edge.
BlockFlash® is a complete, embeddable moisture management flashing solution for exterior single wythe C.M.U. wall systems that uses patented flashing pans to collect moisture in the wall and channel it to the exterior through integrated weep spouts. Its included drainage mesh provides hundreds of clear pathways for water to flow around mortar droppings inside the block cells.
- Complete flashing solution requiring no additional components.
- Lightweight pans with integrated weep spouts collect water inside the block cells and channel it out of the face of the building
- 90% open mesh 7" x 16" polyester drainage mats prevent mortar droppings from clogging the weep spouts
- Factory installed 90% open mesh polyester insect guards keep insects out of the block cells
- Available for 8", 10", and 12" standard or insulated concrete masonry units
- Applicable in all flashing/weep hole locations including:
- Base of wall
- Above door and window openings
- Above bond beams
- In parapet walls
- Lightweight, fast and easy to install
- Requires no fasteners or adhesives.
- Pans with integrated weep spouts and connector bridges made from high-density polypropylene molded plastic.
- Insect guards and drainage mats made from polyester mesh.
- Impervious to water.
- Cuts labor and material costs associated with using membrane flashing in a multi-wythe course by approximately 50%.
- Helps prevent costly call-backs and repairs due to damage caused by moisture in the block cores.
- Helps protect builders and designers from legal issues resulting from moisture damage.
- Prevents mortar damming and provides multiple pathways for water to flow to the flashing pan and out the weeps, so water can always exit the wall.
- Prevents air and humidity differentials that can force moisture into the cells and allows cells to dry quickly.
- Mortar droppings can’t reach the flashing pans, so water flows freely to the weeps and weeps stay open.
- Sloped pans with integrated edge flanges catch and funnel water to the weep spouts, and assure quick drainage.
- Insect guards prevent damage related to insects entering the wall through the weeps.
- Maintains 1” mortar bond between courses for greater wall integrity.
- Provides a 10-times stronger bond between blocks than through-wall membrane flashing for greater wall integrity.
- Reduces thermal break to help maintain the wall’s R-value integrity.
- Snap-off connector bridge allows fast and easy pan installation in reinforced wall systems and at corners.
- Integrated bottom lip on weep spout makes it fast and easy to accurately align flashing pans.
- Eliminates the need for multiple architectural concrete masonry unit sizes typical with through-wall flashing
- Drip spouts include a 45 degree drip edge to deflect moisture away from the wall and help prevent water marks and efflorescence.
- 40% pre-consumer recycled content of pans and drainage mat helps with LEED certification.
- Concaved weep spouts make tooling easy.
- Eliminates unsightly head joint weeping devices and preserves the beauty of the wall.
- Light weight and compact shape means convenient shipping, handling and storage.
- Will not degrade, rot or oxidize, and will last the life of the building.
Click here to view the Product Overview in pdf form