FAQ & Support
Free MasonCam Rapid Response Technical Assistance Service
The MasonCam Rapid Response Technical Assistance Service, or MasonCam for short, is a comprehensive free service that rapidly provides masons, builders, owners and designers with expert solutions to masonry design and construction problems. Solutions are provided by Steven Fechino, Mortar Net’s Engineering and Construction Manager and an industry-recognized expert in masonry construction.
How to use the MasonCam service:
- Use your smartphone, camera-equipped tablet or laptop computer, a free MasonCam camera, or any digital still or video camera to shoot still photos or video of your masonry construction problem.
- Include your contact information and a description of the problem in the body of the email.
- Steven will review your pictures or video and call you with his solution.
If your video files are too large to email, here are 4 other ways to get them to Steven.
- Request a free MasonCam 1-button video camera from Mortar Net, use it to shoot video of your masonry construction issue, and return the camera in the included postage-paid envelope.
- Contact Steven for access to the Mortar Net Vimeo account (www.vimeo.com), upload your photos or video, and he will review them and contact you with his solution.
- Set up a free Dropbox account (www.dropbox.com), drag-and-drop your video file into your Dropbox, email Steven the link to your Dropbox, and he will review the video and contact you with his solution.
- Call Steven at 615-946-8773 and make an appointment to review the video footage with him on GoToMeeting (www.gotomeeting.com). He will email you an invitation to a GoToMeeting online meeting. At the appointed time, click on the link in the invitation and follow the prompts. During the meeting, you and he will be able to watch your video together as it plays on your computer and talk on the phone in real time so you’ll be able to get the solution you need as quickly as possible.
To get solutions via Skype (www.skype.com) in real time directly from your job site using your smartphone, or a camera-equipped tablet computer or laptop:
- Download a free Skype app (smartphones, tablets) or the free Skype software (laptops) and set up a free account.
- Call Steven at 615-946-8773 and make an appointment for your Skype meeting with him.
- Email Steven your Skype address and your contact information.
- At the appointed time, open your Skype software and sign in.
- Steven will initiate the Skype call and talk you through what you need to do to show him your masonry issue in real time using your device’s camera.
Benefits to the MasonCam service:
- Rapid response helps limit or prevent job slowdowns.
- Free solutions from an industry-leading expert help you quickly resolve any masonry construction or design problem.
- Free 1-button MasonCam video camera overnighted to you on request so you don’t need to have your own camera.
- Multiple channels for transmitting your still/video images make it easy for you to quickly and easily get your images to Steven, get his help, and get back to work.
To learn more about Steven Fechino, click here.
To request the loan of a free MasonCam 1-button camera, please call our office at 800-664-6638. We will overnight the camera to you and include a postage-paid return envelope.
To borrow a MasonCam camera, we require a valid credit card number as a security deposit. There is no charge for the use of the camera or shipping, and your card will not be charged if the camera is returned undamaged.