- Layout (for above grade only)Lay the course(s) of block below the desired flashing level until above grade. BlockFlash is to be installed ABOVE GRADE ONLY.
- PlacementOption A: Install the BlockFlash course by spacing units over the cores of each block.
Option B: Install the BlockFlash course evenly along the formed concrete foundation or slab.
For Both Options A & B: Use the reference lip on bottom of the BlockFlash spout to position the pan against front of foundation or block. The drip edge on the weep spout will extend slightly. Make sure the connector bridges overlap the next pan. This will divert water into adjoining BlockFlash pans.
- Vertical Rebar / Grouted Cells / CornersWhere walls are reinforced, eliminate the BlockFlash pan at the grouted core and detatch the connector bridge from the adjoining pan by bending it back and forth a few times. Use same technique for corners.
Cross bed webs adjacent to the grouted core making sure to overlap the BlockFlash flange. Use same technique for corners.
- Mortar SpreadingUse standard mortar spreading techniques with mortar lapped, first over the inner and second over the outer flanges of the BlockFlash pans. This will stabilize the pans during installation and later help divert moisture into the BlockFlash pans.
Apply end dam front to back at grouted cell.
- DrainageInstall one 7″ x 16″ mesh Drainage Mat per core directly above the BlockFlash course, allowing moisture to drain to flashing pans and out the integrated weep spouts. Drainage Mat should be in contact with the pan to keep pan & weep spout clear of mortar droppings – this replaces pea gravel.
- ToolingTool all head and bed joints and remove any obstruction from the weep spouts.